The online qualification of Hack@MI, the first hackathon dedicated to a smart and sustainable future for STEM(A) [Stem + Art] profiles organised by Open Search Network with the City of Milan, will take place on our platform Open Data Playground from the 1st of April.
Registrations on Open Data Playground open on the 1st of march, so we would like to make a quick recap of how our platform works, how you can apply and join the Hackat@MI Challenges (not all of them will be published on the 1st of March)
- Visit the website and click on Sign UP: go on https://opendataplayground.com/#/ and you click on Sign Up. You will be requested to complete the form with a nickname, that will be visible and public, an email, password and a photo/avatar
- Verify your email: You will receive a verification mail to verify your email address.
- Go to your profile page: on the drop-down menu on the top right of the homepage. There you can find all the challenges you already joined and your teams
- Create a new team: Click on New team to create a new one, The one who creates the team will be the team leader. If you don't have a team yet, you can log on ODP and join Hack@mi Challenges later, when you will find your team.
- Chose the name: Create a name for your new team
- Add the participant, one by one
- Add one participant at a time, using his/her email (he/she can be already registered on ODP or not. If the member is not registered on ODP he should apply and create his own profile)
- Click on save
- Once returned on the team page, click on edit
- Add another participant: repeat this process until you added everyone
Time to Play!
- Join a Challenge: Now you are finally logged in and you can join the challenge of your interest. When you enter you should put your nickname and choose the team if the challenge is not meant for single users.
- When the challenges will start (1st of April at midnight), you will have full access to the challenge contents and you can:
- Read the description: task, league, some information about the company
- Download the dataset
- Work on the solution
- Submit your solution: you have unlimited submissions, so you can always improve the goodness of the model
- Take a look at the user's ranking if available